Thursday, April 9, 2009

USA: Erin_b writes about the LYM.


ERIN_B
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 4:36 pm:   


okiemute, 

When, for how long, and where were you in the cult? I was in from May or June to October 2003. I have bipolar disorder, and I was kicked out because I didn't agree with them about, among other things, how I should manage my own health (they didn't think I needed to manage it at all). 
I'm trying not to think about it too much lately, and I only check this board once in a while, and I try not to post too much, but I think this is an important issue. They actually believed that my illness didn't exist, that they could cure it by insisting that it didn't exist. The LYM believes it can just remove a person from their environment, make up whatever story they want about them, and the real person ceases to exist. Why not? They can make the real person seem to stop existing when they get them to stay a lot of the time. 
But, hey. I'm lucky. At least I'm alive. 

http://www.justiceforjeremiah.com 

Really lucky. 

There was also a 19-year old guy whose parents were posting here a while ago because they were really concerned because he was involved with the org and they thought he may have asperger syndrome. 

The nature of the organization is manic-depressive and schizophrenic and alcoholic. The most offensive thing in the world to them is someone with a pre-existing mental condition who is in treatment. Anyone who has ever been in any kind of counseling is more threatening than any of the groups they're always vilifying in print and in their class meetings. The cult would not function without denial. Anyone who strives to be happy and healthy is truly its worst enemy.



No comments:

Post a Comment